General nerdy stuff, Video Games, Loot, Whining, Harangues

Friday, November 17, 2006

PS3 & Wii at Target

On the way home I stopped into Target just to see if they either had a
PS3 laying around or maybe they put their Wiis (is the plural of Wii
"Wiis" or "Wiii"?) out early. Not that I had delusions of either
happening but I drive right past so I figured what the hell. Maybe I'd
get a PS3 to unload on eBay for zillions. Or maybe I could score an
early Wii. Well neither happened, but they did have both displays out.
The Wii is a glowing plastic monolith that you can hardly look right at
cause of the glow. Its a cool LED blue that hurts the eyes. You
couldn't play it but it was showing some sort of cheesy promo video that
want your typical gamer fair. It seemed to be mostly soccer moms and
groups of giggling women playing WarioWare Smooth Moves; no pasty Zelda
fans in sight (though I didn't watch for long). Anyway, the plan is to
casually snag one this weekend with out waiting over night or killing
someone's ma.
The PS3 display was empty (duh) but they did jave a demo unit out. I
was eager to see the amazing graphics everyone is talking about but the
damn thing was frozen. Just as well, I don't need to start to lust over
a $600 console that you can't even find in the stores.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home