General nerdy stuff, Video Games, Loot, Whining, Harangues

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Hideous scallops.

I concur those were some nasty scallops. Sure they looked good in Everyday Food and even sounded good. Nothing in the recipie indicated that they might could even possibly be gross. The Cat had some issues with them but it was their size and rubbery texture that got
me. These things were monsters, somewhere around the size of golf ball. The sauce didn't help either; it wasn't assertive enough to overcome the spring bland flavor.

I honestly don't know how The Cat ate her's. She was way braver than I. I didn't think the scallops were dangerous , just terribly unappealing.

I used to love seafood. I asked to go to Red Lobster for my birthday and I'd look forward to my mom's all seafood Xmas Eve dinner. But lately I haven't been a big fan. Well let me rephrase that I haven't been a big fan of non-piscine seafood. I've been weary of shrimp and
now scallops. I don't even want to try my chilhood favorite of squid pasta sauce (it has an Italian name that I can't even phonetically spell) because I might not like it any more.
My belly is still rumbling. The Cat has vowed never to touch another scallop, but I will try them again. But not for a while. And not that size.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home