General nerdy stuff, Video Games, Loot, Whining, Harangues

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

BSG = WOW

WOW! That’s all I can say. I’m not sure my frail body can take any more of Battlestar Galatica. I watched 4 episodes (one of which was part of the 2.0 release) and I think my mind was blown like 10 times. More than any other show BSG makes me gasp and shout exclamations at key moments.

In brief:

  • I did expect the Admiral to make some sort of exit, just not like that. I really thought her XO was going to mutiny or something.
  • Adama is a bad ass, as I knew before.
  • Roslin is also some what of a bad ass (I don’t think I will ever forget her blowing that Cylon out of the airlock).
  • Baltar is a jerkwad. Sure we all like smooching hot bio-robot chicks, but dude get a fraking grip and stop giving people nukes. Jeeze.
  • The whole cancer treatment thing was a little to deux ex machina . . . uh. . . hmmm. Well come to think of it that might have been very intentional.

I’ll binge on the other disks when I can ‘flix them.

Between BSG, Veronica Mars and Farscape I’ve got quite a few series in the air right now. It’s great watching shows like BSG and Veronica Mars a season at a time. Sure you have to wait a year for them to come out, but you don’t have to wait “until next week” for cliffhangers or arcs to resolve themselves. I don’t mind the suspense, but these stories are so grand and complex I prefer to view them over the course of a few weeks rather than a year. From what I hear about Lost season viewing would probably be best.

So if you haven’t started watching BSG do so. Same for Veronica Mars. And Doctor Who. You’ll be a better person for it.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home