General nerdy stuff, Video Games, Loot, Whining, Harangues

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Daleks vs. Cybermen, OMG!



**spoiler warning if you care about the second season finale Doctor Who**

I just finished the final episodes the second season of Doctor Who. Barnelia and Cecil saw it a few weeks ago, but they quietly keep their secrets to themselves.

I’m not that big of a classic Doctor Who fan so I can’t say that this is the first Dalek and Cybermen throw down; probably not given their reactions to each other. But I had thought about it when the Cybermen were reintroduced in season two. It was just pure geek fantasy, thinking about who would win between the two; sort of a British Aliens vs. Predator.

I was genuinely shocked that the Daleks popped out of the sphere (thanks for not spoiling Cecil). I didn’t see it coming and I couldn’t imagine the situation worse off than Cybermen invading the whole earth. Then out pop four Daleks not to mention the scads that would soon pour out of the Genesis Ark. I always marvel how menacing the new series’ Daleks are, they just sit there and stare.

My favorite part of the episode was the smack talk between the Daleks and Cybermen. In my mind these two foes are essentially the same (though some fanboys would beg to differ, maybe one will show up and comment the heck out of me):

Metal body, check
Organic parts, check
Really, really tough, check
Don’t care for the Doctor, check

But during the smack talk they really pick at each other. Personally I feel that the Daleks got the best lines and managed to carry them out; the Daleks mopped the floor with the Cybermen. The best one is when the black Dalek tells the Cybermen that it won’t be war, but pest control to beat the crap out of the Cybermen. Genius!

(I snagged those images from the Politically Incorrect Alphabet.)


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"There is one way in which Cybermen are superior…dying!"

We were laughing too hard to hear the rest of the smack.

3:50 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home