General nerdy stuff, Video Games, Loot, Whining, Harangues

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

More Work Stuff

More Work Stuff.

True to form I was in a meeting today where “opportunity” and “flexibility” were used like crazy. I had to fight down the urge to smirk and snicker. Maybe one day I will call some one out on what they are actually saying. Probably right before I get fired.

More work strangeness: I was cruising the halls, probably getting my mail or something, when I passed to two office bees talking. Apparently one of them had been on vacation for a week or so and they were discussing the bee’s return to the hive. The bee actually said “It’s good to be back.” What?! Who the hell says that? What hideous thing happened to this poor woman on her vacation? Maybe she went to some sort of spa where they poke you with hedgehogs and insult you all day long.

When I told The Cat about what I had heard and she said “Well if you are on vacation with your kids at Disneyland then yeah, work is probably better. But if you are on a lovely romantic getaway, then you never want to go back.” (Or something to that effect; I wasn’t taking notes) I agree, though in theory only as I don’t have kids. But we did have a great time in Cigar Town and I didn’t want to return to work so she is probably right.

Next time the long over due Cigar Town recap! Even though The Cat has recapped and Flickred the heck out of it already.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home