General nerdy stuff, Video Games, Loot, Whining, Harangues

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Keeping Busy

It’s been a while. I suppose that some disinterest has set in; I’ve moved on to other pastures. I don’t have a harangue this time around just some notes on my furious media consumption over the past few weeks.

Right now I am loading up all my “second string” CDs on to my Zen Vision:M. It’s all that dusty crap that one once loved, but now you just scratch your head and wonder “why?” They are lovely CDs; some with just that super-nifty song or others with lots of goodness. Stuff like The Offspring’s Ixnay on the Hombre and Aqua’s Aquarium or Jimmy Buffett’s Barometer Soup. *cha-thunk* What was that? Oh that was The Cat leaving me for some one who has a music collection that doesn’t inspire shame. I’m sorry baby, I just don’t know no better. Now I just have find my De La Soul CD.

After finishing the cute and somewhat cuddly Sly 2: Band of Thieves I began God of War both on PS2. OMG: the violence, the blood, the nudity, the anti-hero who looks like a WWE actor, uh, wrestler. I didn’t realize it when I got it but it is rated M and certainly has earned it. Don’t get me wrong, it’s a great game. Nothing like knocking a minotaur on his back so you can stick your sword up his nostril. The Cat doesn’t approve of this game and can’t say as I’d blame her. It’s everything that the parent’s groups are all freaked about (and again for good reason). But I am a big boy so I guess I get to play the games that let you rip medusa’s head off with your bare hands *pop*

Still reading some Manga to see what the fuss is all about. Full Metal Alchemist continues to be cool. But Fruits Basket is starting to loose me. It’s just too damn complex and all of the characters look the same. I also read a book called Comic Party. It was just bad; bad story, bad characters and bad art. It also contains some questionable art in the back, you know the kind parents don’t want in their teen’s books. I won’t be reading Comic Party 2 (which I am sure is as bad as House Party 2). I think I am back on “normal” comics for a while.

Stop reading this right now and go watch the pilot of The Amazing Screw-on Head. It is freaking amazing (just like the title says). It’s based on Mike “Hellboy” Mignola's book by the same name. I know some purists have pooed on it, but I was very satisfied. Great art and superior voice acting (Paul Giamatti and David Hyde Pierce) So go, watch and vote so that it will become a glorious series that I will have wait to see on DVD.

And finally, I’ve been spending lots of time with my new, shiny Lego Mindstorms set. So far I’ve built 3 of the 4 provided projects and two of my own. My first creation was Wakeybot: designed to go into the bedroom and slap The Cat’s side of the bed while saying “Good Morning.” It had a button on top that, when pressed, would stop the slapping and cause Wakeybot to retreat. My current project is a low to the ground bot that moves like a Roomba and plays music based on the color of the surface it is driving over. So far it plays a dirge, but it should be a perkier tune soon. Programming the little buggers isn’t that hard, but building them is a bugger. It’s those damn studless bricks. I understand why they went with them, but I do wish they were just normal Lego. Adjusting to the different building style has been frustrating.

I leave you with this. Holy Freaking Cow. I am going to need one of those. Not sure when and where I will use it, but it is just too amazing.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home