General nerdy stuff, Video Games, Loot, Whining, Harangues

Monday, July 10, 2006

Heading out

Well my media binge didn’t really pan out. I only read one part of Rocketo and played some Sly 2 and Luxor. But not what I was hoping for.

On the upside, the new Doctor Who was great. They’ve managed to continue with the same formula while updating it considerably. The 9th Doctor is super (if a bit too fashionable) and so is his companion. Sure the special effects are better but the overall pacing has improved a lot. The old story arcs I’ve seen took about 2.5 hours. It was just way to long to watch British folk run around hill and dale. The new ones are down to around an hour and that is just right.

I can’t want until the second disk. I’m really hoping that an ongoing story will begin to emerge to guide the series along. It has already been hinted at. I’m sure that Daleks or Cybermen or The Master have something to do with something or other.

I’m off to a city for some business (it begins with an R and rhymes with Snitchmond). I won’t have a laptop so no Internet connection! I hope I don’t get the shakes from withdrawal.

I will have my spanking new Creative Zen Vision:M media player. The Cat and I went to Best Buy on Saturday and picked one up. But it had a wee little hole in the screen so back it went. Thankfully it was a hassle free exchange.

So far I am very impressed. It’s easy to use, the screen is beautiful and it sounds great. But the real test will occur on my flights. I’ll let you know how it faired.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home