General nerdy stuff, Video Games, Loot, Whining, Harangues

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

So last year.

I spend some of my Memorial Day making a duct tape wallet. It was surprisingly difficult. Getting duct tape to stick to duct tape (sticky sides together) smooth and straight is an acquired skill. I know it’s not “in” any more but my real wallet is starting to circle the drain. So now I have a shiny (literally) blue wallet. Not sure if I am actually going to use it. It is a pretty vivid blue and it could freak out small children and the clergy. It’s also a little wrinkly. I guess I can just slap some duct tape on my old one.

I do have this urge to draw a Bob-omb on it with a Sharpie. Maybe it is because . . .

I spent the rest of my days off reading the first 2 Scott Pilgrim books so I can enjoy volume 3. I would like to give a shout out to Cecil for finding me copies of the first 2 books. Volume 3 was pretty good. I had built it up in mind so much that it was bound to be a slight disappointment. I’m having trouble find Scott a sympathetic character; he’s a mooch, a two-timer and plays video games constantly. . .wait. . . uh, he also not very bright. He really didn’t even fight the last two of Ramona’s evil ex’s. Not technically anyway. Well, hopefully he will get it together for the 4th book.

I originally animated a moving platform graphic (it hovers around). But I can’t manage to place it in the template. While it is an animated GIF, Blogger uploads it as a PNG, which not only displays at the wrong size but also doesn’t budge an inch. This isn’t stationary platform after all. If anyone has any advice I would appreciate it. I would imagine it’s to prevent people from using those flame GIFs that were so popular on the early Internet.


1 Comments:

Blogger gameboy said...

Yeah, I agree. The only clue is that there next time it will clearly be summer. Part of me feels like the last part of the book was slightly rushed. The inclusion of “guest artist” makes me even more suspicious.

I want to see him have a pseudo recurring power-up; it needs to be hockey jersey of invisibility or +2 guitar of lady slaying (in the nice way).

8:11 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home