General nerdy stuff, Video Games, Loot, Whining, Harangues

Thursday, May 25, 2006

A very Asian Evening

Oh. . . Ugh. . .That hurt. I just finished Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children. I was so confused I think I passed out a few times. Not sure what I expected though, I haven’t touched a FF game since Final Fantasy on NES. They’ve come along way since then.

The movie was pretty dull for an outsider. All the story bits between fights were a bit silly and very melodramatic. But the fights were completely bad ass. Fighting on speeding motorcycles= bad ass; fighting while jumping around on steel superstructures = bad ass; using a really big sword=bad ass. One of these days I’ll have to pick up some Final Fantasy games and see if they are bad ass too.

Until then I picked up Pump It Up (think DDR from Korea with a more comfortable dance pad) for the PS2. I’m not big on exercising, or going outside or any activity for that matter. This is my attempt at leveraging my video game “habit” into something healthy. Your heart really gets going after a few songs, so it could do me some good. Let’s hope I don’t have Marfan Syndrome like I’ve always suspected; this would be a crappy way to find out.

I’ve played Pump It Up’s arcade version and the home version is just the same. It’s missing by two favorite songs (figures) but there is one by Earth, Wind and Fire and an Elvis remix on the home version I enjoy. One thing is the shifty dance pad. I’m sure that some one on the Internet has posted plans to make it durable and arcade-like. I’m sure The Cat will love that lurking in the living room.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home