General nerdy stuff, Video Games, Loot, Whining, Harangues

Saturday, July 08, 2006

Back in the Slackle Again

(Slackle – a portmanteau of slack and saddle)

Whew . . . well it’s all over but the grading. That is the last time I take 6 hours (two courses) during a 5 week summer course. While the comic and graphic novel one was great, the management class was a complete crapfest. I won’t say that I didn’t learn anything, but I will say that it was badly executed in almost every possible way.

I’ve only had one other class that was this bad. I walked out of that one after making a huge scene. Unfortunately I couldn’t storm out of an online class or really foment dissent as I am wont to do. But it is over and I hope I can avoid this professor for the rest of my degree program. I don’t think so as he teaches another course I probably should take.

To celebrate I will wallow in media this weekend. I’ve got a ton of graphic novels from the library (currently about 2/3 of the way through The Dark Knight Returns). Barnelia, Cecil and a very reluctant The Cat are going to watch the new Doctor Who (heezy geezy, that site is loud, but you can lay down a neat beat by scrolling over the Cybermen and then a Dalek). And to round out the weekend there will be game; definitely a little Sly 2 and perhaps some WoW. And sad to say, Luxor.

I’ve been saving Rocketo vol. 1 graphic novel I purchased about 2 weeks ago. I wanted to wait until all the classes are over and now is the time.

One thing that I want to make absolutely clear to the 4 people who actually check this blog: I could not have been as successful as I have been in my classes without The Cat’s mad editing skillz. I am the worst proofer; if Word doesn’t catch it chances are I won’t. She works very hard to keep me from sounding like an idiot. I really do appreciate it.

I am going to try to get back into posting crap regularly. It’s slightly amusing and I do love to hear my voice (which is in my head as I type).

Topics we’ll soon cover:

  • I’m turning Japanese
  • Enneagrams
  • Checking out graphic novels from the library
  • Rocket Red


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home