General nerdy stuff, Video Games, Loot, Whining, Harangues

Sunday, October 15, 2006

Stale all up in here.

I really let this slip. Remember when I would post something stupid every day? Those were the days. It’s not like I don’t have something to spout. Those that know me know I love to hear myself talk; even better when other people listen.

So what have I been up to? Class is taking up some of my time but because it’s so boring the rest of my time has been spent avoiding reading for class. I mean seriously boring. It doesn’t make for engaging reading when most of the textbook is acronyms. Thankfully the instructors have well written lectures online. I hope that I can get most of my info from those.

In my effort to avoid reading I’ve been playing WoW, Star Wars Lego: The Video Game (PS2) and Drill Dozer (GBA). I hate to say it but WoW is getting a wee stale. None of my characters are in any guilds or have any regular adventuring buddies. And no one I know in RL plays, so it’s a bit lonely online. It is definitely my fault though; as in RL I don’t make a huge effort to befriend people.

I’m also “playing” Perplex City, a primarily collectable card based ARG. I had heard about it on the Internet but the cards were always a pain to mail order. Now Gamestop is carrying them. To play you buy cards with puzzles on them, some easy some brain-meltingly hard, and enter your answers online. Of course you might get duplicate cards but you can always trade them. The ultimate goal for the game is to find the Receda Cube taken from Perplex City. There area a few live-action events held overseas or in hipper US cities. So far I’ve solved 23 (out of 256) cards for a total of 462 points. I don’t pretend that I’ll find the Cube and win the RL cash prize, but it’s an interesting game with good design. The cards cost a little under a dollar a piece; a pretty good value for engaging puzzles. They have few online “cards” I’ll post them.

Another reason for blog laziness is the Google Reader “Check this out!” sidebar. It’s way easier to make something show up on there than it is to post about it. It’s the FWD:FWD:FWD school of blogging.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home