General nerdy stuff, Video Games, Loot, Whining, Harangues

Thursday, December 21, 2006

Hot Chocolate

Beware!
It sounded like a idea: a nice hot chocolate while we were out shopping
on a cold, rainy winter night. So I grabbed a cup from The Chocolate
Bar. There were signs around the register proclaiming that they were
serving the best hot chocolate in the city. I was just about to ask the
kid if he had any proof to back that up when I noticed him dispensing
the chocolate. It was coming out of its urn with the consistency of
used motor oil. I looked over and noticed a busboy throwing away an
almost full cup of the stuff. It didn't bode well.
I asked for marshmallows instead of whipped cream so he blanketed the
surface with a thick layer. It was $4, but in this Starbucks era I
didn't bat an eye. I really thought it was going to be the powdery
stuff one has at home.
Oh no. One sip (once you get through the marshmallow barrier) is like
eating a Hersey bar. This stuff was pure molten chocolate with just
enough other stuff to keep it from molding itself into the shape of the
cup. It was good but very strong. Who ever left that cup behind didn't
finish it cause it was bad, they just wussed out after hearing their
heart grinding to a hault. I couldn't tackle this by myself so I
offered some to The Cat. She had 4 sips before she gave up. Over the
course of an hour or so I finished it. Aside from feeling like I am
completely made from chocolate I don't feel bad at all. Hopefully I
won't have some sort of delayed effect tomorrow. If anything will give
you a chocolate hangover this will.
Oh God, I wonder how many calories that thing was. Probably like 4,000.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home