General nerdy stuff, Video Games, Loot, Whining, Harangues

Monday, July 30, 2007

I want my damn sponge back.

Recently The Bat has gone all Al Gore. We recycle a lot, drive small vehicles and aren't afraid of public transportation. We buy some organic and care where our meat comes from. We don't toss batteries and try not to by too much disposable crap (just ask her, I don't throw anything away). We even have switched to better-for-the-environment dishwasher detergent (hint: Don't get Earth from Randall's. That shit is like putting spackle in with the dishes). We buy wind-made energy. And my main Pokemon is Torterra. Can't get much more green than that.

But she has also banned dish sponges. I didn't think I would care, but I do. I hate using dish rags. They just don't cut it. I constantly feel like my fingers are going to get sliced off when I wash knives. And I can't get a nice soapy lather going, but that might be the new tree-huggy soap. Yes, I know sponges are made from oil and they will last forever, for better or worse, and are probably responsible for terrorism in some way. But I was raised in a sponge household and it's hard to switch.

She has also quoted some statistic about how sponges have 1 zillion million germs but I don't care. They were my friends. And I miss them.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home