General nerdy stuff, Video Games, Loot, Whining, Harangues

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Buckling Down

I have this nasty habit of playing a game just shy of finishing it.
Sometimes I peter out at the last level, others it's right before the
last boss. I'l play the hell out of titles only to drift off without
wrapping things up. Pikmin has been sitting before the final battle for
5 years or so and Jet Grind Radio for about 8. I can't even remeber how
long it has been for Earthbound.
Its a really weird thing to do since I play games for the story. Some
want to complete the game perfectly. Some want to see all the game has
to offer or collect every item. Sometimes those are important to me but
mostly I want a completed narrative.
After seeing 300 I went home to finish up God of War, which had been
pushed aside by Okami, which was set aside by . . .ah hell, I can't
remember, the Wii maybe.
God of War was great (can't wait for II tp drop in price) and Okami was
good, it just over stayed its welcome (and got a bit off topic towards
the end). I'm gald I went back and finished them.
Initally I wanted to clear my slate in order to purchase Legend of
Zelda: Twilight Princess. But now I think I'll hold off and go back and
beat those games in limbo. First up some DS titles, Mario and Luigi
Partners in Time and The New Super Mario Bros., after that I might dig
out the DreamCast or Super Nintendo.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home