General nerdy stuff, Video Games, Loot, Whining, Harangues

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Ties r dumb

As I sit at work waiting for a semi-glitzy event to begin I wonder why
the hell I have to wear a tie. I can't think of a dumber piece of
clothing. It just doesn't seem like the best idea to willingly wear
clothing that can choke you.
Let me revise that a bit: they make other guys look nice and neat but
they just make me look like that kid who got forcibly scrubbed up to go
to church. I don't wear a tie for my day to day work so they are extra
uncomfortable. I constantly make strange neck movements because of the
consant pressure on my neck. I'm sure I appear off my meds.
My people are not a tie wearing people. At my graduation my dad wore a
tie for the ceremony but removed it with great to-do when we got
outside. He had even specially purchased it for the occasion because he
didn't have any. (It had William from the Met on it.)
I proudly carry on his tie-less example. I hope I never have to have a
job that requires a tie (i.e. Tie model). But the way the world is
becoming more casual I don't think I have to worry. Soon businessmen
will be going to work in cut-offs.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home