General nerdy stuff, Video Games, Loot, Whining, Harangues

Sunday, January 06, 2008

Pobricita Hard Drive

On Friday my hard drive of five-ish years crashed.

I think I had that reaction of everyone this happens to: I should have backed up. Ah well, shouldn't cry over spilled milk. I didn't loose that much and I still have yet to see if I might be able to get into it to see what I can recover. I think I will have lost some photos, documents (all my library stuff certainly) and a slew of half-played game saves.

But it's Sunday now and all is well. I've installed a new HD in this gracefully aging rig. Thankfully I was able to install all my drivers and software of the internet and I even uploaded all my music from my Vision:M. Warcraft took the most time to reinstall; that is one huge program. I'm going to try to use open source stuff instead of using various Adobe products, but I don't know how far I'll get with that. And I still have to work on my sound car; I can't seem to get back the same functionality I had before.

So I've resolved to move most of my data to Google Docs or Notebook. I'll need to get my del.icio.us account up to date to take my bookmarks. That way not much will be on my computer. But the stuff that is there, I'll back up. Promise.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home